Friday 12 April 2013

It's good to be back together.

We've been in Germany for almost two weeks now. We come home in a few days. It's been interesting being here with the 4 year old for the first time. His reaction to flying in a plane was priceless, of course!

It's been great to be with Creepy (the fiancé, that's what they call him at work, figured it felt anonymous enough?) again after four long months. The first couple of nights we spent some time just smiling at each other, hugging, enjoying being close. It's nice. This trip has also made the upcoming move feel more real, and also more exciting. I found a meet up group of other English speaking people and they all seem really nice, kind and supportive. That's definitely a positive - it makes me feel less alone. I don't feel like I'm going to be totally isolated when we move. Through this group as well we've been moving around the city on the trams and S-Bahn and it's been helpful to see how well connected everywhere is. I was nervous at first at the thought of moving outside the centre of town but I've seen it's not so bad to get here if we want to.


The parks are pretty amazing and varied here too. There are loads of things to do. There are little nice touches like these leaves which are printed into the concrete at one of the S-bahn/tram stops near the American Library.

So, home next week, and back to normality, but knowing that this is here - perhaps we'll even start sorting stuff out in preparation for the move? I've been feeling guilty as well that I've been so happy here. I will miss all of my friends back home and in some way it feels like I am replacing them by making friends quickly here. Which seems silly, but it's just one of those intrusive thoughts that niggles away at you at night when you're not really conscious of it. Anyway, I'm going to plan a big leaving party, maybe even two, so that I can make sure we say goodbye properly to everyone, and then hopefully people will come and stay too!

No comments:

Post a Comment