Sunday 10 September 2017

To Autumn

Today is the last day of the summer holidays.

We decided to go to a folk festival in our town where my friend was running a clogging workshop. It was peaceful walking around a German town at 10 am in a Sunday. As usual though we got there a little too late, missed the start and my 8 year old, full of preteen self consciousness, wouldn't even consider going up onto the stage and joining in. So we watched for a while, looked around some stalls, where I indulged a fleeting whim for crystals an then decided to investigate and see if we could find the cat café which is rumoured to be opening soon. We found it, or at least we found a half finished closed café with cats looking curiously out at us but it looks as though the business owners underestimated costs or that it's taking longer than planned. I hope they do open at some point.

Tomorrow is a new year, a new classroom, halfway through Grundschule which is alarming in itself. I can feel him growing up every day which I love but it's sad that this time is tinged with the constant ache of 'When will I be pregnant again?'

No comments:

Post a Comment